Sunday, August 26, 2012

Octopus Progress

Ah my beautiful little octopus'. They wouldn't even have been created if it weren't for Big Mambo.

The painted octopus was my first prototype. I like how it came out and wanted to make an updated version. The second octopus is still in early stages, but you can already see that I added something completely new. My father told me that I should add the suckers and I agreed with him.

I love how his tentacles came out, although they got smooshed at the bottom (is that even a word?). It's because the overall weight and the fact that the clay gets soft when baked. So I know I'm going to have to change the way I bake it. I already have it all planned out for the next one, and that one might put up for sale.

The reason my second prototype isn't painted yet is because I'm procrastinating. How terrible of me. :I  

I'm thinking of making more of these and selling them on my shop. I might sell them unpainted, so that way you guys can paint them however you want and truly have a unique octopus!

I've also got a special surprise item which stemmed from these guys, which I'm thinking of selling.



No comments:

Post a Comment