Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Printmaking

I'm taking a Printmaking class this semester. So for the first assignment we got a little linoleum piece with the freedom to carve anything we wanted. I wasn't quite sure what to carve, but my teacher seemed to like the Guttling piece from my sketches.

The picture above is the finished piece. I like how it came out, even though some of the edges are rough and I probably need to carve some lines deeper. But I won't know until I ink it on Monday, can't wait to see how it comes out. 

This isn't my first time working with linoleum, so I'm no stranger to this. I actually saw some stamps that people have made on Deviantart, and I was thinking of making some of my own to sell. I already have a nice little idea for the month of love. I'm not sure if I'll get to finish it before February, but hopefully Ill be able to finish it before February ends. 



No comments:

Post a Comment